Varicose Vein Treatment in Denver, CO
What are Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are swollen veins that are visible just under the surface of the skin. They are a very common problem for Colorado residents, affecting half of people 50 years of age or older.
What are the Causes of Varicose Veins?
There are certain factors that can increase someone’s chance of developing varicose veins including:
- Pregnancy. The increased amount of blood in the body can cause veins to enlarge. Even if varicose veins appear during pregnancy, they usually improve within three months after delivery.
- Limited Movement. If you have a occupation where you sit for a long period of time, take breaks and walk around so your veins don’t have to work harder to pump blood.
- Age. Age affects the valves in your veins. As someone gets older, veins typically become weaker and can produce varicose veins.
- Hormonal Changes. The biggest changes in hormones occur during puberty, menopause and pregnancy.
Though varicose veins don’t usually cause severe medical issues,, it could potentially lead to sores, bleeding, superficial thrombophlebitis and deep vein thrombosis. To avoid medical complications from varicose veins, there are treatment options such as:
- Venous Ablation – This outpatient procedure is performed with imaging guidance. A thin catheter is inserted into the vein. The laser energy heats and seals the vein closed.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy – During this procedure, the abnormal vein is removed through a small incision.
- Injection Sclerotherapy – An injection with a solution that shrinks the vein is inserted into the vein.
Call us at (303) 805-7477 or make an appointment online today to speak to one of our Minimally Invasive Procedure Specialists about your treatment options.