Treatment for Deep Vein Thrombosis in Denver, CO
At MIPS, our years of experience with state-of-the-art interventional radiology procedures make us a logical choice if your doctor has suggested that your leg pain may be caused by DVT. We offer advanced interventional technology that most vein doctors don’t.
Minimally Invasive Procedure Specialists provide state of the art treatments for deep vein thrombosis at our office in Denver, CO. Learn more about DVT and your treatment options and schedule your consultation today.
What are the Symptoms of DVT?
About half of people with DVT don’t show symptoms. However, other people experience symptoms such as:
- Swelling in either one leg or both legs
- Red/Discolored skin in the leg affected with DVT
- Surface veins that are visible
- Leg fatigue and heaviness
How can You Prevent DVT?
To ensure that you are able to prevent DVT, take the following steps:
- Exercise regularly and remain active
- Avoid smoking. Smoking can cause the blood vessels to tighten and can restrict the blood flow, causing blood clots.
- Check your blood pressure regularly. If it’s high, take the necessary steps to lower it.
- Finding alternatives for birth control pills and hormone-replacement therapy can help reduce the risk of clotting
- If you’re sitting in one spot, such as an airplane, for more than four hours, walk around or do leg stretches from time to time. It’s also important to stay well hydrated and avoid alcohol consumption.
What are Treatment Options for Deep Vein Thrombosis?
There are many ways to treat DVT. The most common forms of treatment include blood thinners and and Catheter-Directed Thrombolysis. If your DVT has caused surface veins, there are vein treatment options such as Injection Sclerotherapy, a procedure in which a fine needle is used to shrink the veins.
Treatment for DVT in Denver
If you still have questions regarding treatment for DVT, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with MIPS Center today by calling (303) 805-7477. You may also request an appointment online using our secure form.